Monday, November 3, 2008

Bishop

So my last name is really "Bishop"... as in the Chess piece. This is not some sort of cutesy pseudonym (or pseudoname), this is in fact my real name.

There was some study which showed that supposedly people are more likely to have names that relate to their chosen fields of work than chance would dictate, and apparently this holds true here. Now I just have to wonder whether my Great-Great-Great...Grandfather was a member of the clergy, or just someone who moved diagonally.

If you call yourself a gamer, you need to check out Zero Punctuation if you haven't already. I bring this up because Mr. Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, genius though he is, apparently feels it necessary to artificially insert a game-related word into his name, while I find myself naturally equipped with one.

Not really sure where I'm going with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment